For the issuance of the visa, the consular service is open from 09h to 15h Monday to Friday, except holidays. All visa applications are processed in a short period of time not exceeding 48 hours.
The identity card in rule or the Passport in progress of validity are sufficient for the nationals of member countries of ECOWAS, of Algeria, Cameroon, Andorra, the Principality of Monaco, Chad, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia.
A passport in the course of the period of validity of at least six (6) months with visa of entry and residence or transit for all other countries is mandatory.
Benefit from free of the visa, the holders of diplomatic or special passport. For this, they should bring a note verbale of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or of their chancery depending on the case.
The Consular Service of the Embassy in Ottawa is the only center authority empowered to issue the visa. (The Honorary Consulates in Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Fredericton and Vancouver may not issue a visa).
Conditions for obtaining:
- A passport in the course of the period of validity of at least six (6) months or a travel in lieu of passport;
- One (1) visa application form to download on the website of the Embassy;
- One (1) photo of identity;
- A letter of invitation from your corresponding to the Mali or from your employer in Canada.
- The booking of hotel for tourists.
- The payments are done by mandate position or check payable to the name of the Embassy of Mali;
- visa single entry (01) months: $100 CAD;
- Visa Multiple Entries (01) months: $150 CAD;
- Visa Multiple Entries (03) months: $250 CAD;
- Visa Multiple Entries (06) months: $350 CAD;
- Visa Multiple Entries (12) months: $500 CAD;
The return of the passport by mail (Xpresspost, Purolator, Dicom Express, UPS…) is the responsibility of the applicant;
All visas issued by the Embassy can be extended in Bamako at the direction of the Police The Borders (service of the Immigration)
Circular letter has all Malians of Canada
The Embassy referring to the letter n°668 of 03 May 2005 of the Ministry of Internal Security and Civil Protection shall inform the community of Mali that free of the entry visa in Mali is granted to children who have not the age to opt for one of the nationalities of their parents.
For the rest, the entry visa is required for any holder of foreign passport subject to international conventions and this, in accordance with our regulations in the matter.
The Embassy invites the presidents of the offices of the associations to give this a wide dissemination to the Malian community.